Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cell Phone Etiquette

After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in his seat and closed his eyes.
As the plane climbed  to cruising altitude and the seat belt sign was turned off, a woman sitting next to him pulled out her cellular telephone.

She started talking in a loud voice:

"Hi sweetheart.   It's Sue.   I'm on the plane.   Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty,
but I had a long meeting.   No, honey, not with that Kevin from the accounting office.   It was
with the boss.   No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life.   Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart!"
Fifteen minutes later, she was still talking loudly.
When the man sitting next to her had enough, he leaned over and said into the phone:
"Sue, hang up the phone and come back to bed."
Sue doesn't use her cellular phone in public any longer.

2 comments:

  1. I was standing in queue at 7AM and a suit and tie guy was loudly berating an employee on his cellphone. I finally had enough, turned around and hollered, "STOP YELLING AT ME! I'M RIGHT HERE!" That shut him up.
    -------------
    Another surefire trick is to repeat whatever the phoneboob says, just loud enough so he/she can hear it. It causes a mental short circuit - the brain can't handle the echo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...