Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reading List.....A couple of Books I would recommend.

I have read the first book of the Dragonlance Trilogy  "THE DRAGONS OF AUTUMN TWILIGHT" which was recommended by Billybob over at HellonEarth. It was a pretty good at taking you away to a place of Good vs. Evil, Elves, Knights, Magicians, Dragons along the lines of Fantasy ala Tolkien.


Overall I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars and enjoyed reading it.







I also finished reading book one of "The Hunger Games". This book was excellent and I look forward to reading part 2 and part 3. I definitely recommend it.

I have not seen the movie and I won't watch it until I finish reading all three books.

This amazon review sums it up better than I can:

 In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games," a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed.





7 comments:

  1. Hey Irish,

    I read the Dragonlance books many years ago when I was in the service in the 80's. I also played AD&D. The dragonlance books are good, but I quit getting into them because they turned into a book mill with sequels and prequels and addendums, ete,ete. it got expensive keeping up so I quit. The Hunger games are excellent, makes me wonder if this is our future...especially if the central government gets too powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point on the "book mill". I bet there are 100 related books, minimum. I got a little out of control.

      Delete
  2. The "Twins" Series is much better,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Twins" series is awesome. Reading the original Dragonlance trilogy gives you the background for the "Twins" series to make more sense.

      Another good series is the Forgotten Realms Dark Elf trilogy.

      Delete
  3. I might try this out, I was going to re read the Robert Jordan 'Wheel Of Time' series which is out of this world!!! But think I need something different. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games series was great. It was a delicious treat I gave myself after I hit the first weekend when I had no more homework. Like you, I refused to watch the movies before I finished the books. I'm looking forward to seeing what the moviemakers do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Chronicles and Legends trilogies, own one set and trying to get the other. Heard a lot of good about the Hunger Games set, may be the next books I buy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment if you like...